I am a list nerd. My planner is like a list of lists, each one keeping me on track with various things like grocery shopping, cleaning projects, or thank-you notes. A couple weeks ago I was thinking how my lists probably drive some people crazy because I literally implement them for just about everything. They provide me with clarity of mind and confidence in ability, for I know that as long as something is on my list, I won’t be likely to forget about it.
Then, it dawned on me – God has a lot of lists in the Bible! What are some of the lists that He shared with us in His Word?
– The works of the flesh: Galatians 5:19-21
– The fruit of the Spirit: Galatians 5:22,23
– What the elder are supposed to teach the younger: Titus 2:1-8
– What comes after faith: 2 Peter 5:-7
– Chronologies (throughout the Old Testament and a couple in the New Testament)
– Every one of our body parts: Psalm 139:16
– Materials to be used in the tabernacle: throughout Leviticus
– The seven things the LORD hates: Proverbs 6:16-19
Maybe this short and sweet post can prompt you to make a list in your own life of something important. Something like:
– people who need ministered to
– things to pray for
– dreams to save money for
– ways to bless other people
– Bible verses to memorize
– odd jobs that need done around your home church’s property
– income vs. outflow = a budget
The “list” could go on and on…no pun intended 🙂 If you decide to make some lists for yourself, remember to actually use those lists. My sister can tell you that I’ve always been a list person, even when we were young girls. However, there were many a list left uncompleted in my younger years. As I’ve grown, I’ve learned to keep my lists at a manageable length, to keep them almost all in one place, to make myself check them regularly, and to force myself to actually abide by my lists. Lists simplify my life – they might just simplify yours!
Comments · 3
Very thought provoking
I am a list person too. Glad to know I am not the only one! I do enjoy reading your blogs.
I LOVE this post! I make lists a lot too. 🙂 As I said, I really liked this post!
Lily @ lilymaesday.blogspot.com