Psalm 34:1-4 says “ I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.
I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.”
I watched a livestream service this morning and the pastor preached on how important it is to praise the Lord no matter what. This came at a very timely moment for me as less than an hour ago we were receiving results from a couple of high-risk doctors here at Winnie Palmer Hospital.
While we were in India, my OB gave me a heads up that the ultrasound was showing a possible complication for delivery, but she was optimistic that it would resolve itself. However, when we got back to the States, the ultrasound showed that the situation had become even more complex. I will spare you the confusing details, but basically we are looking at problems with the placenta that put my health in jeopardy.
The good news is that baby Sophie is doing very well and is measuring beautifully! I am at 32 weeks and five days. I continually praise the Lord that she is healthy because I would much rather have the high-risk factor be for me than for her! I do not take her health for granted as it is a true answer to prayer.
I ended up in the hospital on Friday night with a lot of pelvic pain, which turned out to be contractions (I’ve only ever had back labor before so I couldn’t tell if I was just crazy or if I should go get checked out). My local hospital transferred me to Winnie and after that bumpy ambulance ride, I could tell they were real contractions and I was really hurting. Thankfully they were able to slow the contractions and give me shots to speed up the baby’s lung development. They were quick to run tests, though we didn’t hear results until today.
Right now we don’t know what exactly will happen. The doctor told us this morning that the longest they will let me go is to 36 weeks. He is consulting with the whole high-risk team this week so we can get a better idea. The potential for major surgery after the C-section is there, but we are hopeful for the best outcome because we know our God is greater!
Please specifically pray for Baby Sophie’s health and protection throughout this time. We chose the name Sophie because it means “wisdom” in Greek. At first it was just a random name that Zack liked (in my mind), but now I have begun to see God’s wisdom throughout this season of life and, well…the name Sophie is so fitting now.
As for my health, please pray that we can come out on the other side of this with as few surgical complications as possible. My past surgical history (colectomy and proctectomy) make everything more tricky and even change the way that things appear on ultrasound and MRI. However, we know that God has us exactly where we need to be right now and we praise Him for that.
We will give another update when we have one! Until then, we are thankful and at peace to follow the Lord through this time. Waiting for a plan to be put in place can be hard, but Psalm 34:4 is exactly where I’m at right now: “I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.”