I recently celebrated my twenty-seventh birthday. Each year I reflect on all that the Lord has taught me. Sometimes I cringe when I think of the way I used to act in certain areas (LOL), but I know that I’ll probably do the same thing in a few years when I look back to this year. That’s the beautiful thing about the Christian life: God is constantly growing and molding us into the people He wants us to be!
So here are the twenty-seven life lessons that came to my mind first. I am still “working on” many of these areas in my life, but I’m thankful that the Lord has shown them to me. They are not listed in any particular order.
(Photo at left is a candid shot from this past year by Abigail Werner Photography 🙂 )
27 Things I’ve Learned from 27 Years of Life
1) God is always faithful.
2) Jesus Christ died for my sins.
3) Being right isn’t worth the energy spent on an argument.
4) There is great danger and damage in comparing my life to someone else’s.
5) True love persists even when the object of love does not reciprocate.
6) If no one asked for my opinion, they probably don’t care to hear it.
7) Sometimes the hardest decisions in life are the best ones I will ever make.
8) A negative attitude makes life hard.
9) My greatest joys are often found in the little things.
10) A bad cup of tea is not worth drinking. Same with coffee.
11) If God allows something difficult in my life, He will provide the peace I need to continue.
12) My children have had a way of teaching me to love others as God loves me.
13) When I am living in obedience to my Heavenly Father, I need not worry about what others think or say of me.
14) Being seriously ill taught me a lot about friendship. True friends are the ones who stick with you even when they don’t understand or know what to say. They just pray for you.
15) Getting married isn’t about the exciting wedding preparations or the wedding day; it’s about every day afterward.
16) If there is someone or something precious in my life that isn’t helping me draw closer to God, it may be time to reevaluate that relationship or habit.
17) The type of man you marry does matter, but the type of wife that you choose to be matters as well.
18) Waiting on God’s timing in any situation is always worth the wait.
19) There is beauty in feminine mystique. A meek and quiet spirit is not only pleasing to God, but it is a very attractive characteristic to develop.
20) Kindness is a wonderful thing.
21) If I’m upset that no one thanked me for something I did, then maybe I’m doing it for the wrong reasons.
22) True happiness comes only from God.
23) The devil pushes us, whereas the Lord leads us. I always try to remember that when I am faced with a perplexing decision.
24) It is important to truly listen when someone is talking to me.
25) “God time” is far more valuable than “me time”. In this “love yourself” society today, what if I choose to be the girl who loves God instead?
26) I am responsible for my own actions.
27) There is no reason to be afraid of what might go wrong when God holds my future in His hand.
Comments · 6
Wise beyond your years. Thank you for your thoughts and once again thank you so much for your ministry in music, your singing is such a great inspiration. God bless you and yours.
Praise the Lord!
These are wonderful! A few, I had to pause, ponder, and absorb. I surely hope I get to see you again on this side of heaven. ❤️
Thank you for your sweet words! <3
Such beautiful wisdom. Thank you for taking the time to share, to care, and to serve!